A turtle tale

Friday, December 26, 2008

One of the items on Audra's Christmas list was "Crush the Turtle" from the moving finding Nemo.  Basically she has been talking incessantly about how she is going to get Crush for Christmas and is SO excited that he is coming to live with her.  Ben and I did not get it for her thinking that someone else would choose it for their gift.  When that did not happen we made a special trip to the Disney store in a nearby town.   The tricky part was purchasing it and getting it home without her seeing it.   We were able to accomplish this with a little white lie about the bag containing something for Phoebe.  However, we were naive to believe that this story would satisfy Audra's curiosity.  Little stinker got up on our bed while Ben and I were making lunch and looked in all of the packages.  Of course I didn't know this until the next day when she pointed to the bag in my closet and asked "Why does Phoebe get a Crush and not me, I wanted him for Christmas".  I guess next year I will have to go shopping alone and hide the presents until I get a chance to wrap them.
Crush "hiding" in the tree
"Hey mom, my friend Crush is in the tree! Can I have him finally?
"I love you my crush"
FYI - Nemo (Audra's previous BFF) has been relegated to the closet - but Phoebe is still not allowed to play with him =)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha! I can't believe she looked through the bags...she's definitely a smart little girl;)