Ok so this story may not be blog worthy but I found it significant and decided to write it anyway. This morning while I was enjoying my coffee Phoebe came to me and said "pooh, pese". This translates into "Mom, I would really enjoy playing with my new best friend Pooh but I can't seem to find him would you help me please". Of course I complied, how could I resist such a sweetly worded request? I was looking for the toy in the pile of things on the floor when a little voice behind me screamed "pooh" and hit the side of her clothes hamper. Apparently she had dropped it in there and needed assistance getting it out. I received a GIANT kiss for obtaining it for her - what a great reward.
See a bit of a lame story.
It is just a small reminder of how very quickly kids grow, I was super impressed that she figured out where the toy was and came to find me to help her. (I realize that I am easily impressed when it comes to my children). I think of my sister's new baby, not yet 24 hours old, and think wow that was me only a few short months ago (17 to be exact). Where did the time go and who is this independent toddler pulling on my leg? Yet, little events like today remind me to be thankful for the time I have with my children and to steal all the hugs that I can now before they are to "cool" to hug their mommy!


3 comments:
ELIZABETH, I LOVED your story, reminds me of when you were that young. Memories are a blessing, especially when you don't get to see your children for months at a time. LOVE YA LOTS, DAD
May you never get too busy and hurried to stop and appreciate all those memory making moments. They are indeed priceless!!! Love ya.
This was not lame! These are the things that making parenting great. It's so amazing to watch them grow and learn. Sometimes it feels like they change when you weren't looking. Great story!
Post a Comment