An Early Birthday Treat

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

While my sisters were in town they threw me an impromptu SURPRISE early birthday party, complete with Happy 31st birthday Pooh hats! While Ben and I ran to the store to get "kid requested" ice cream my sisters organized the troops (five kids under the age of five) to create a sign and decorate the dining room. I would say they did a fantastic job! I was touched that they thought to do a little something to help me celebrate and was completely taken off guard...OK I cried... but only a little.
Audra was particularly enamored with the idea of the party being a surprise!
My "cake" was actually several varieties of cupcakes Ben had ordered from a nearby Gluten Free Bakery, they were fabulous!
Apparently once you turn 30 you don't get individual candles anymore - just one huge candle. I wonder how large the one will be for my 40th birthday? I am a little scared to find out!
"Happy Birthday dear MOM-E"
don't you wish there was audio for this?
What? No more cake?

3 comments:

Sara said...

HOw fun! Surprise parties are the BEST! By the way, I love Audra's hair short. It looks so cute!

PAPA said...

What great sisters you have. I know how you love to be surprised.
What a great group of girls.

The Bowman Family said...

I love those last few pics of Audra and Phoebe - I hadn't seen those- what priceless facial expressions- what fun it was to be together- see you in about 6 weeks