It's that time again!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

If you read this blog regularly you know I have a very talented sister, Rebecca, who is a photographer and you probably also know that I like to take advantage of that fact! I HATE studio photographs but I am too cheap to pay the professional photographers to follow us around and take "candid" pictures of the family. Luckily Becca and I have worked out a barter system where we trade my sewing for her photography. Otherwise she would be too expensive as well! Just kidding, Love you Bec! So anytime we visit her or she visits us we try to sneak in some type of photo shoot. In June we were able to get great pictures of the girls in their "fairy skirts" and a few cute photos with their mama. When she was here in August I asked her to take a few family pictures.
We went out to a local park a few miles from our home. Usually we just hang out on the playground but I didn't really want a big orange slide in the family portrait so we took a stroll down the walking path and were able to find some great places to take pictures!
The girls were a little nervous about standing in the water but holding onto mom's and dad's hands really helped them feel more secure.

I love this picture of Audra taking some time to enjoy the feel of the spring running over her toes... OK all of you who know my daughter well know that she was washing off the "gross mud" that made her "yucky dirty"!
All of the pictures turned out fantastic and I am really looking forward to having some printed and framed. Thanks again Bec for giving us a great way to remember our kids as such precious ages. I am so thankful for your creativity and your willingness to share your talent with our family. Hugs!!!

1 comments:

PAPA said...

What a beautiful family. Great job Bec on capturing the casual Yoder's.