Bugs and Babies

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This past weekend I took my jewelry business (Lady Bug Beads) to the next step by participating in the Applefest Craft show in nearby La Crescent, MN.  I had a great time, sold quite a bit, and received many generous compliments. Thanks everyone for your support, especially Ben who stayed home with the girls over the weekend and had the banner made from my business card as a surprise mother's day gift.  Also, a big thank you to Anne Clarkin who "forced" me to sign up for the show and sat with me on Saturday. 

I tried to take pictures of the booth but as you can see it was difficult to find an angle that really captured it so you will have to use your imagination. 
This close-up gives you a better idea of what the jewelry looks like but it is still not great, sorry.  If you would like to see the jewelry check out sunflowersisters.etsy.com.  My sisters and I are going to "open" an on-line store in the near future.  
In addition to my jewelry I took along taggie blankets, my newest project. I was pleased that I was able to sell a few as I have previously only given them away as gifts (as many of you who have had babies in the past 9 months can attest).  I am also going to open a store to sell my baby items the web address for it is ladybugbabies.etsy.com.  However, I have yet to list anything...but soon I promise!

2 comments:

PAPA said...

GREAT JOB SWEETIE. I am so proud of you girls and your jewelry business's. DAD

hollister said...

I am so jealous of the fact that you have an artistic side. I'm thinking I got the short end of the stick :-) I'm so proud of you!