St. Louis

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ben had a meeting in St. Louis this past weekend and instead of sending him down on his own we decided to load up the family and all enjoy a Yoder Family Road Trip.  Audra was a little confused when I brought up the idea. She did not understand that St. Louis was a place and that we were not going to visit her new cousin Lewis.    
Audra had a great time as usual.  Who wouldn't love sitting back and watching movies while someone else does the driving?  Ben and I certainly enjoy the trip a lot more now that Audra will wear headphones and we can listen to music instead of the soundtrack to her movie.  
This was Phoebe's first time facing forward for a long trip. I thought that she would love it but she was uncharacteristically cranky for most of the trip.  She is not quite interested in the DVD player yet and was not enjoying the toys I provided for her amusement. Mostly she looked at them for about 5 seconds and the threw them on the floor beside her seat.  My theory is that she enjoys her mobility so much that she hates to be cooped up in her seat for more than an hour or so.  On the plus side she will take a nap in her carseat, so at least we have that going for us.  

2 comments:

hollister said...

A DVD player is a must-have when going on a road trip! I'm so glad you guys got there and back safely.

Anonymous said...

Great Posts, Liz. Love them all. Happy Birthday, so sorry to hear about Erica's Mom. Love you all, Dad (Duane)