Phoebe's eye update

Friday, November 7, 2008

So we went in today for a checkup to see if the antibiotics were working for Phoebe's eye infection.  The doctor that saw us on Wednesday was running late at the hospital so we saw our usual doctor's NP.  She is a very nice woman but says at least one inappropriate thing when we are in the office, today was no exception.  After looking at Phoebe's eye and discussing the medication she asked "Did the other doctor tell you why we are so concerned about these types of infection?" I said yes but she kept talking and said " Well when they are not treated properly they can go into the brain and cause a deadly type of infection".  Wow thanks for that!  Luckily our regular doctor was walking by the hallway a few minutes later and popped in to see Phoebe. He said that the eye was looking good and as long as we keep up with the meds she should be fine.  (I really like him - obviously he scored more points today).  Ok so looking back at the picture I posted it does not look THAT bad but it really did look worse in person.  At least now it is no longer swollen and the irritation around her eye has mostly subsided or I would really be freaked out.  

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Phoebe's eye infection is getting better. Poor girl. I bet that medicine smells awful --is it eye drops or a cream?