When I was pregnant with Phoebe I decided to quit my job as a school psychologist for the Westby School District, in nearby Westby, WI. It was a very difficult decision but I knew it was the best thing for the family. The first person they offered the position to decided to take a job closer to her home. They asked me to reconsider my decision to resign (job offer #1) but I really felt I was supposed to stay home with the girls.
The year after I left the special education director moved to Montana and the district went on a search for a new director. During this process the woman hired for my position quit so that her husband could interview for the director position. They asked me to consider returning to the district (job offer #2) but I was not ready to return to work full time just yet.
The woman they then hired as the school psychologist did not work out and as of last week left the district so they called me to see if I would be interested in a part time position (job offer #3). This time I said yes. So as of this week I will be returning to work on a part-time basis. My contracted hours will be one day per week at the school and one day at home to complete paperwork. I am looking forward to rejoining the Westby School District but I am a little sad about leaving the girls with a daycare provider.


0 comments:
Post a Comment